Our Site is not intended for children under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted Personal Information on or through our Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- For exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with these Terms;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, a UsAgainstAlzheimer’s employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing);
- To transmit any sexually explicit material; and
- To engage in any other conduct, including discrimination or harassment, that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm UsAgainstAlzheimer’s or users of the Site, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Site;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Site, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms, without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Site;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
All materials on this website are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and/or other intellectual property rights. These materials are either owned by UsAgainstAlzheimer’s or its affiliates, or are used with permission of their owners or as otherwise authorized by law. Such materials include, but are not limited to, the photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks, trade dress, and other materials contained in the Site. All rights are reserved, worldwide.
Users may print or reproduce discrete portions of
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s materials published on this Site, for purposes of commentary or the user’s personal noncommercial use and enjoyment, so long as proper credit is given to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. If more than two sentences from an UsAgainstAlzheimer’s article are reproduced, the credit line should include a copyright notice in the name of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. No user is authorized to change the material or the meaning of the UsAgainstAlzheimer’s material. If these conditions are observed, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s will consider the reproduction to be “fair use.” Use or review of this Site does not give any User a license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property or personal right of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s or any third party. No UsAgainstAlzheimer’s trademark may be used in advertising or other commercial materials without the prior express permission of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. You also agree to observe the privacy of all other Users and not to use the personal information of any other User for any commercial, promotional, or other purpose. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of the material or data on this website or any other site, or available through links from this Site.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s may provide links to third party websites. Links to other websites are
provided as a convenience only. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not endorse, is not responsible for, and does not control these third-party sites, their services, or their software.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is pleased to receive postings or comments from Users. User or third party submissions or postings are the views of the author or poster. They do not reflect the views of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s reserves the right to monitor and edit any postings or material submitted to it, for any reason. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s also reserves the right to remove or permanently delete any posting without User’s consent if the posting violates any law, advocates illegal or violent acts, is obscene or explicit, or if the posting degrades others on the basis of age, race, gender, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, or disability or for any other reason in the sole discretion of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s has the sole discretion to publish, edit, or delete any material submitted to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. By submitting any postings, comments, or other messages to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, the commenter gives UsAgainstAlzheimer’s an irrevocable and perpetual license to the material and authorizes UsAgainstAlzheimer’s to publish the material in any media now known or hereafter developed, and to use, adapt, recast, distribute, display, perform, or transmit it in any way, as UsAgainstAlzheimer’s may determine in its sole discretion. By submitting your name, address, photo, or other identifying data with a posting or other submission, you give UsAgainstAlzheimer’s the right to publish those data, and to use those data for promotional or any other purpose. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or copyrighted material without authorization of the owner. Submission of any material that is obscene, defamatory, or that infringes any trademark, copyright, privacy right, or other legal right is prohibited.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not represent, warrant, guaranty, or endorse the accuracy or reliability for messages submitted to the Comments section or other forums. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not undertake to review those messages and has no responsibility for their content. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s reserves the right to review or edit such messages, and to restrict or deny access to the Comments section or other part of the Website.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient protection to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF USAGAINSTALZHEIMER’S AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, TO ANY PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
If you believe that any material on this website infringes your copyright, please notify us as follows, under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). To notify us, the DMCA requires that you:
1. Send an email notice to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s to: email@example.com
2. Include the following information in your email:
a. Identify of the copyrighted work(s) you claim is infringed;
b. Identify the material you claim is infringing the copyright(s), and give enough information for UsAgainstAlzheimer’s to locate that material;
c. Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf (the "Claimant");
d. Include the Claimant's name, address, and telephone number(s);
e. Include a statement that the Claimant has a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner or his agent; and
f. Include a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification of copyright infringement is accurate and that the Claimant is the copyright owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA notice may not be effective.
If you believe that material you posted on the Site was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter notification with us (a "Counter Notice") by submitting written notification to our copyright agent designated above. Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter Notice must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled;
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address);
- A statement under penalty of perjury by you that you have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- A statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or if you reside outside the United States for any judicial district in which the Site may be found) and that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of that person) who provided the Site with the complaint at issue.
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA notice does not file a court action against you within ten (10) business days of receiving the copy of your Counter Notice.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright or if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
All matters relating to the Site and these Terms, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Washington DC without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of Washington DC or any other jurisdiction).