UsAgainstAlzheimer’s collects the following information from you:
- Information You Manually Provide. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s collects personal information you manually provide when you use our Site. For example, when you sign up to any of our mailing lists, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s collects your email address and other contact information that you provide to us. We will also collect email addresses and other contact information provided by you as part of your use of the features and functions of the Site. By submitting an email address and other contact information you consent (or warrant that the owner of such email address and other contact information has expressly consented) to being placed on our mailing lists and thereby receive email and other correspondence from UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, including newsletters, event advertisements, and website updates. You may remove your email address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. Although UsAgainstAlzheimer’s will promptly remove your email address from its mailing list, you may still receive any emails that are initiated before your email address is removed from the list. We may also collect any personal information you submit on or through our Site when you provide feedback or contact us with questions.
- Donor Information. If you donate to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, we collect the contact and any other information provided by you that is necessary for us to receive and manage your donation. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s uses third party providers for the purpose of collecting donations online. If you provide your donation using one of our third party providers, they will provide us with access to all of the information provided by you. We may use information that you provide as part of your donation to deliver to you information about our organization (including enrolling you in any of our mailing lists).
- Logfiles and other website tracking information. As part of your use of the Site, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s collects non-personally identifiable information about you through your IP address, computer settings or most recently visited URL. These practices are more thoroughly described below.
- Surveys. You may partake in a survey UsAgainstAlzheimer’s runs. We will collect the information you provide to use via that survey.
- Other collections. From time to time, we may also ask you to provide certain non-personally identifiable information about yourself.
- collect information about the ways visitors use this Site - which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of this Site - for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies may or may not be personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Users do not need to have cookies turned on to visit the Site, but may need them to use certain customizable features on the Site that we may launch in the future.
In addition to the cookies, we deliver to your computer or mobile or tablet device through our Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Site. To learn more about Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.com/ intl/en/analytics/ privacyoverview.html.
Information Collected by Web Beacons and Pixels. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons, pixels (or “clear gifs”) and other tracking technologies. Pixels are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Site. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of visitors from one page within our Site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to serve targeted advertisements to you and others like you, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of marketing campaigns.
Tracking Technologies. If you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Site or other websites, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
Use of Information You Provide to Us. Generally, we use information you provide to us through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Site;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to make donations;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
Please see below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use your personal information.
Use of Aggregated Information. We may use information gathered through our Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of our Site’ audiences and their visitors’ usage patterns. We use aggregated information to operate our services and to better understand our audience as we develop new products and services. We may also share aggregated information with our third-party service providers as well as with potential investors, advertisers, and subscribers so they can better understand and/or market to our audience.
Third Party Service Providers. We may retain third-party vendors in order to help us manage the Site and allow us to better serve our visitors and customers. These may include third-party vendors we engage to analyze the information we collect for marketing or similar purposes.
Nonprofit Organizations. You should be aware that your name and physical address may be exchanged with nonprofits that a donation is made to on your behalf. These organizations may attempt to contact you to promote products or services that they offer. Such contacts will only be made with our consent, and we will only grant our consent when we consider the offer to be of potential interest and benefit to you. We do not sell, exchange, share, or rent any lists to commercial organizations, political parties or candidates for political office.
Business Negotiations. We may contemplate, for strategic or other reasons, selling, buying, merging, or otherwise reorganizing one or more of our businesses. In negotiating with a third party about entering into such an arrangement, we may need to disclose your personal information. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the personal information we disclose, for example, by requiring a prospective purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the personal information. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your personal information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
You can access, update or correct personal information by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to you within a reasonable time and, in any case, within the time limits established by applicable law. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide access and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so or if we are unable to verify your identify.
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect the security of your personal information you submit on or through this Site. However, no website, server or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marking purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track Mechanisms. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of Do Not Track requests, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor Do Not Track requests.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not knowingly collect information from or about children age 13 and under. If you believe a child has submitted personal information on or through our Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our site contains links to other Internet websites, and UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
This Policy describes our current policies and practices with regard to the personal information we collect through the Site.
To unsubscribe from any UsAgainstAlzheimer’s electronic newsletter, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and type the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Any questions regarding this statement should be directed to our site coordinator through our Contact Us page (https://www.usagainstalzheimers.org/contact-us).
Last updated: February 5, 2021